I saw this topic going about on a few people’s blogs — namely Bravetank, Goetia, and Lyrestra and thought I’d also give it a go. This “reverse bucket list” was actually kind of a toughie for me. During the time I’ve played, I’ve tried to dabble a little bit in everything possible. It’s hard for me to think of things I’ve never done or not even just tried! Even still, my real bucket list is still massive and never ending. I guess that’s what makes WoW so addictive to me — there’s always something to do, or some goal to aim for!
Here are some miscellaneous things that I haven’t done (and unlikely anytime soon):
- Attempted the Kaluak Fishing Derby or Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. The competition on my server is pretty nuts, and apart from doing this to complete the meta achievement for the Salty title, I don’t see much of a point in doing so.
- Leveled a warrior past Lv25. My current one is at 21. I enjoy tanking, but I can’t seem to get myself too excited about playing the class because it seems so slow to me. I keep hoping it’ll be more fun higher-level, but I just can’t motivate myself to level at all to begin with.
- Set foot in Ruby Sanctum or Throne of the Four Winds. These are the only two raids I’ve never completed or even attempted. RS was released while I was on my long hiatus, so I never got to see its notorious “filler” content. I came back from my break to play Cata when Firelands was out, so TotFW was no longer a priority in my guild’s progression, and my guild leader wasn’t too keen on re-visiting T11 content (much to my dismay…although I did clear BoT and BWD eventually on my own through PuGs.)
- Tanked on my death knight. Though she raided a bit as dps during Wrath, I haven’t played her at all this expansion except for bank/farming. She’s not a priority character now. Plus, one of my best buds played a DK tank so there was never a real need for me to play one with him around!
- Leveled Leatherworking past Artisan. It’s the last primary profession I have yet to level to at least Grand Master, and for some reason it always seemed more tedious to me to skin mobs for leather than to farm herbs/mine for ore.
- NOT gotten lost in Gnomeregan. I don’t mean in LFD when everyone shoots for the short route, where you jump onto the gear and skip half of the original dungeon. In the years to come, if I’m still playing, you can guarantee that I’ll still have not learned my way around the evil that is Gnomer. I just don’t want to be there!
- Run through revamped Heroic Shadowfang Keep or The Deadmines. My timing in coming back to Cata was pretty weird, so I was met with a ton of H-ZG/ZA farming since they were the only ones that gave the extra valor to meet cap per week. I never once got SFK/VC on random heroic dungeon and didn’t bother enough to queue for those specifically.
- Started the questline for Netherwing rep. I’ve done my fair share of rep grinds (ie: Sporeggar/Mag’har or Kurenai/Timbermaw for The Diplomat) but I’ve never been fond enough of the Nether Drake models enough to want to become Exalted with them. Although, I hear that it only takes about 3 days of dailies nowadays…
- Finished Vashj’ir questlines. I hate swimming and quests that involve being underwater. This stems to all other games, too. Back when I was obsessed with Square Enix’s Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, my most hated zone in KH ever was Atlantica because of the super un-friendly movement options. When I arrived in Vashj’ir for the first time, my thoughts were “You’ve got to be kidding me…”
- Role-playing on a real RP server. This is probably one of the biggest things that I’ve never done. A few years ago, I attempted to roll a character on Kirin Tor (RP), and even downloaded FlagRSP as a starter addon. It just wasn’t fun trying to RP alone and it’s never really sparked my interest since.
That was a tad depressing to list all of those failed to-do’s. :( I’ll have to think of all my long and short-term goals and compile a real bucket list that I’d like to get around to working on at some point!